February 25, 2012

Remembering my Alpha, Nicholas

My alpha, Nick, went Over The Rainbow Bridge on February 20, 2012. He was 14, but lived wif my mom for twelve years. I knew him only since 2001, but it seemed like I knew him my whole life.

Nick and I got along pretty good. He had enough trouble keeping Barney and Cookie and the other guys in line, so I tried to stay out of his way. Even so, when we got together we would just hang out, without trouble.

I'm gonna miss him. He got fed first, and always sat with Mom when she was reading or watching TV. And I couldn't get brushed without him pushing me aside so he could get brushed too. But he also got us outside a lot because his loud voice would bug Mom enough to have her shooing all of us outdoors.

For such a big kitteh, Nick didn't really throw his weight around. He was a fair alpha. See, here he is letting Barney and Cookie sit on "his" couch. But that's only cuz Mom isn't there.

Here is a good photo of him back when he was strong and healthy with a shiny coat. He looks like he just ate his dinner...and mine too.

I'm really gonna miss him, cuz now Opie says he's the new Alpha, and Cookie sez he's the new Alpha. I don't really want Opie to be Alpha cuz he already bugs me. I voted for Cookie, and so did Mom. But we shall see who gets the title. Until then, I'm just gonna lay low...and dream of sunshine and tasty noms.

If you want to read all about Nicholas, go to my Mom's bloggy by clicking on the photo of me & Nick below.

Don't Mess Wif Me!