April 30, 2012

Meet Penny and Tippy... The Meow Girls!


Who doesn't like to hang out wif a couple of lovely ladies? Tippy and Penny haz great purrsonalities and are wonderpurr friends. I sat down wif the ladies after their shift was over at #NipClub and asked about their life.

How old were you when you moved in with your family? Were you a rescue?

Penny: I was 2 and had been returned to the rescue twice. Kathy saw me on Petfinder, said she had to have me and we fell in love the next day. It was so cold in that rescue place. I had a cagemate and we kept each other warm

Tippy: I was less than a year old and had kittens. My former people left me and my new kittens in a box at the shelter in the hot sun on an August Sunday. The people from the shelter found us early Monday morning. They took us in. They fed us and gave us water. It was soooo good. Soon I was spayed they put up for adoption. One Saturday Annie and Kathy came in. Annie was looking for a calico kitty because hers had recently gone OTRB. They let her pick me up. I liked her but had to play hard to get. You know what I did? When she put me down, I ran into my cage and closed the door after me.

What kind of cats are you?

Tippy: I am a Calico and Penny is a Gray/white tuxie.

How was your mom inspired to name you?

Tippy: Well, Annie first named me Libby after the Liberty Humane Society, where I was adopted from. But when I got to my furever home, I always ran around the house. I ran funny so Grandpa called me Tippy Toes. That became my name.

Penny: I was 2 years old when Kathy adopted me. My name was Penelope. She liked my name and wouldn't change it. Then she shortened it to Penny. She calls me both names. Sometimes Grandpa calls me Philadelphia just to make everyone laugh.


Do you have siblings?

Just each other. We are the only pets here.

How would you describe your personality?

PENNY: I admit, I am lazy. I nom and nap most of the day. Sometimes I play with Tippy or Grandpa.

TIPPY: I am more active. We both get zoomies sometimes and run back and forth and make a lot of noise. Love to nap on Grandpa's lap.


Do you have a mischief incident that is still talked about with your family? 

Oh yes we do. We like...no...love Greenies treats. When we first had them, we kept nagging humans to give us some. One morning Human Annie was getting us breakfast and said no treats until later. Well we fixed her. I jumped up onto the counter and Tippy stayed below. One little push was all it took and Greenies all over the floor. We got lots of treats that morning. Human Girls still laugh. We attached a picture of us nomming them with the treat jar on the floor.

Tell me about an Awww moment.

When we climb onto human girls chest and curl up nose to nose...awwww moment

Do you have any health issues?

Penny: I had some dental issues. Some teeth were removed. Other than that, very good health
Tippy: Thank CAT...my health is great

Do you like to be brushed, have your nails trimmed?

We both love to be brushed, even on our bellies. We roll all around. Can't get enough Nails are another story. We like our claws.

What is your relationship like with your veterinarian?

See her as little as we have to. But she is nice so we don't put bitey on her.

Do you like certain hoomans outside of your family?

Not particularly

What are your favorite foods and toys?

We love all Fancy Feast but the pate. Love Nutro dry food and Greenies. We love our Neko Flies which Mariodacat sent us. And we love the red light thing that we chase up the wall. (laser)

What is your birth date, or Gotcha Day date?

Penny: Gotcha Day. 1/15
Tippy: Gotcha Day: 10/14

When did you join Twitter and what clubs do you belong to?

Joined Twitter as Meow_Girls in 2009. We belong to Face Book, Furs Book and Nipclub

What are you known for on Twitter by your Anipal furends?

We are the head Barktenders at Nipclub and sometimes design avatars for special Nipclub occasions.

Do you have a blog or a Facebook page? If so, please give the addresses and tell us what you write about.

We have a Facebook page but we don't write very much. This is our Facebook page address:  http://facebook.com/pennytippy.sprague

Is there anything you’d like to tell us about you that I didn’t know to ask?

Well, we are very happy kitties. Love our furever homes and our humans. Oh yeah, and treats, treats, treats!


Meet Kathy Hudak, Mom to The Meow Girls

Tell me about yourself, outside of your passion for animals, such as your family, hobbies and interests.

I'm Kathy and Penny was my cat before Annie, Grandpa and I moved in together. Truthfully, I don't have many hobbies. I do like to read fiction, and listen to various genres of music. My real hobby right now is trying to find a job.

What type of work do you do?

I am a unemployed Credit Underwriter. I guess I'm a victim of the recession.

Are you an outdoor person, or an indoor person, and why?

I am an outdoor person on vacations. Love the mountains because the air is so clear and it just feels good. Otherwise, staying home is mostly fine with me.

Do you blog or Facebook? Tell me about it and give addresses.

I don't blog but do have a Facebook account. The address is:  http://www.facebook.com/kathy.hudak

What is your favorite book, favorite author?

Works of Edgar Allen Poe.  Favorite author would have to be Poe. I know, scary but good.

What TV shows do you enjoy?

Glee, Awake, Raising Hope, Dr. Drew. Any news shows as long as they are not on Fox.

What type of music do you enjoy?

Many types of music. Christian Contemporary, Bollywood, Oldies, Latin (though I don't speak or understand Spanish)

Do you travel? What is the most memorable vacation you’ve ever taken?

Don't travel long distance. Like quiet towns at NJ Shore and Pocono and Adirondack mountains.

Tell me about your town and what makes it special to you.

I live in Jersey City, NJ. Have lived here all my life. Believe it or not, it's a lovely place to live. I have always felt safe here and we are so close to NYC that it only takes a half hour or so to get there.

Tell me about your first pet, and how many have you had in your lifetime?

My first pet was a Parakeet when I was around 5. After various goldfish, Dad brought home a kitty. Then when I got married, my husband and I adopted a beautiful black/white tuxie. Her name was Randi. She lived to 13, After Randi died, I adopted Penny. She is about 9 now and I love her beyond belief. 

Do you have other Twitter accounts?

I have my own Twitter account but use it rarely. My Twitter name is @Placidkath

What is a typical day for you, starting when your pets want breakfast?

Well, of course have to feed the kitties first. Then I check my email and the job listings. Do a bit more job hunting. Make lunch for Pop and my sister Annie. (I do their lunch because Annie only gets a half hour lunch and works from home.) This way she gets some rest time by not having to prepare her lunch. After lunch, I go to the grocery stores to pick up anything else we need for dinner. After dinner, it's my time to really be lazy. When the dishes are done, I'm done. I veg out either in front of computer or the TV

Thank you Penny, Tippy and Kathy for sharing your life with us. Love you all!

Don't Mess Wif Me!