June 4, 2012

Meet Peanut and Gromek

You are in fur a special treat. I got brofurs @CapnPeanutzilla and @GromekCat to both intermew together. I loves these guys. They are both members of #BrianBunnySuperFluffCrimeFighters and super great furends.

How old were you when you moved in with your family? Were you a rescue?

GROMEK: I was about one and a half years old when mom got me. I had followed a tech back to the emergency vet clinic where my soon-to-be-auntie vet worked at the time, and waited outside until they let me in! Mom came to meet me because she wanted a kitty to take with her when she moved away from home, and that was me! I was an only kitty for about 5 year, unless you count dad --- we adopted him somewhere along the way there.





PEANUT: I was 9 months old when mom n dad adopted me! A vet tech at a different clinic where auntie vet was working found me and brought me in when I was just a teeny tiny peanut (only maybe 6 weeks old). I was there LONG time cuz I gots a few special needs.  As you can see from the pictures, I gots only one eye that works and one that doesn’t, When I was found I had a bad kitty cold and my eyes were crusted all shut. I was very sick! By the time I got better, my eye was all scarred up like this and I can’t see anything out of it-maybe just light and shadows. I also had a heart murmur-and kind of a big one too-what they call level 2 or 3! So I had to have a big visit with a cardiologist, and an echocardiogram, too. They said I had a potentially serious problem and should come back to see how it progressed when I was all grown up. When I went the second time, though, they didn’t see much trouble at all-so for now I have a pretty good shot at a normal life!

GROMEK:Yeah, Um . . .  if you can call you normal.


What kind of PET are you?

GROMEK:  I am a handsome mancat.
PEANUT: Hmm. I think I’m a Peanut!

How was your mom inspired to name you?

GROMEK:  My name comes from an old movie-Gromek is a spy in the movie! Perfect for me, I’m clever like a spy!

PEANUT: I came with my name. We think I got it for being so teeny tiny-I could fit in someone’s hand! Mom says it’s ironic now, though, cuz I’m very loooong and taaaaallll and floofy. That’s why they calls me Peanutzilla

Do you have siblings?

GROMEK: Pfft, yes, clearly. I have a pesky little brofur called Peanut.

PEANUT: Yeah, Gromek is my brofur! We also have a sisfur-turtle and a fish. Mom says they’re our siblings too but (whispering) I think Gromek wants to eat them!

How would you describe your personality?

GROMEK: Hmmmm. That’s a great question. I’m suave and sophisticated, adorable and charming, and (mom says) rather snuggly. I love hammocks-especially the ones made by a blanket on mom’s lap.

PEANUT: I’m goofy. At least that’s what they tell me. I’m a bit clumsy and sometimes loud noises startle me! Ahh! I love to run and zoom and play a lot.

Tell me about an Awww moment.

GROMEK: Aren’t all of my moments aww moments? Mom thinks it’s the cutest when I wash Peanut. (Hey wait, Mom . . . don’t make me tell about that!!)

PEANUT: Mom says it’s super cute when I get in bed and tunnel down under the covers. Sometimes I hug her arm! MOL!

Do you like to be brushed, have your nails trimmed?

GROMEK: Brushed, yes-I love being brushed and make sure mom gets all my sides.

PEANUT: Eh, I used to hate being brushed but now I kinda like rubbing my face on the brush. But that’s it! *chomps brush*

What is your relationship like with your veterinarian?

GROMEK: I yell and scream and struggle at the vet’s office, but when Auntie vet comes to see me outside work, I loves her! Mom says that’s weird, but I don’t think so!

PEANUT: I’m nice at the vet but I don’t like going --- it’s scary! I love my Auntie vet-she’s cool!

Do you like certain hoomans outside of your family?

GROMEK: I like my mom’s best friend-she’s cool! Once she let me stay at her place and I even turned on the stove! MOL!

What are your favorite foods and toys?

GROMEK: Hmm. I love food! My favorite is fish but mom says I can’t eat it! Pfft! I like tuna, and chicken, and lots of cat food. I like dog food too. And not to mention cheesecake, and crackers, and cheese, and challah bread. Mmmm. My favorite toys are catnip cigars, and the little red bug toy (mom calls it a laser).

PEANUT: I like cat food. Only cat food. I don’t eat people food, even if it’s chicken! Well, except tuna. I’ll eat tuna. My favorite cat treat is Temptations. Yum! Mousies and anything mousey size and shape are my favorites! I like to carry them around the house going mewwwww and dropping them off the sides of things and then run after them. Ooh, and I also like my homemade scratching posts and cardboard box house that dad made for me!

When did you join Twitter and what clubs do you belong to?

GROMEK:  I’m not sure when we joined twitter, hmm. I joined when nasty Facebook took my account away!!

PEANUT: And I joined not long after mom got me-I wanted my own account! But as for clubs-well-We are SUPER FLUFF CRIME FIGHTERS!! Ka-POW!

Do you have a blog or a Facebook page? If so, please give the addresses and tell us what you write about.
PEANUT: We don’t has a blog, but we has a youtube channel! Here’s our linky: http://www.youtube.com/user/GromekandPeanut


INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR PEANUT & GROMEK'S MOM, NAOMI

Tell me about yourself, outside of your passion for animals, such as your family, hobbies and interests.

Other than my cats, I also volunteer with other cats at a local animal shelter-working with the cats but also with visitors to help them find the cat that’s right for them. (And keep visitors from bothering the cats, of course). I also love traveling (but never get to do enough), taking pictures, and reading.  I love music, even though I don’t really play an instrument anymore, and I enjoy singing. I’ve recently discovered that I especially love making jewelry, and working with wire. 

What type of work do you do?

I do institutional research and editing for a small technical college.

Are you an outdoor person, or an indoor person, and why?

I’m kind of both --- mostly I’m a city person! But I love parks, and I love going outside the city and visiting the outdoors, too!

Do you blog or Facebook? Tell me about it and give addresses.

I do, mainly about my jewelry. My blog is sort of neglected at this point, but when I’m keeping up with it, it’s a combination of cooking, crafts, and jewelry-making techniques. It’s at http://HyperspaceHippo.blogspot.com I also have a Facebook page for my online jewelry shop at http://facebook.com/HyperspaceHippo where I show off new designs, techniques, and possibilities that I’m playing with-along with pictures of my ‘staff,’ the famous Gromek and Peanut!

What TV shows do you enjoy?

This varies a lot, but right now I love Doctor Who, Glee, How I Met Your Mother, and White Collar.

What type of music do you enjoy?

I have kind of wide taste in music. I like some current music, alternative, Broadway musicals, and old time ‘pop standards’ (like Frank Sinatra).and swing.

Do you travel? What is the most memorable vacation you’ve ever taken?

I love to travel-and every few years we really manage to get away. My favorite trip ever was to Peru! I especially loved all of the Inca ruins there, and the rainforest, too!  One of my favorite nearby places is the Finger Lakes region in upstate NY. It’s full of beautiful wineries, lakes, and gorges.

Tell me about your first pet, and how many have you had in your lifetime?

When we were growing up, my sister and I had fish, and hamsters, and even a couple of parakeets. The first pet that was really mine alone was a parakeet named Petie. He was great! He actually liked to cuddle. I think if I didn’t have cats, I’d have a parakeet.

Do you have other Twitter accounts?

I do, for my jewelry shop (but I tweet a lot of personal stuff there, too)-@HyperspaceHippo

Don't Mess Wif Me!