September 12, 2012

Meet Roni the Brat



I met @Ronithebrat not long after I joined Twitter. Despite his Twitter address name, he's a nice guy and I like him lots. And I just learned something new about him. His name is pronounced roni like in macaroni. So now please meet my furend, Roni!

How old were you when you moved in with your family? Were you a rescue?
I was 4 years old when I adopted Mommy. We met at Second Chance Pet Adoptions. I bit her to indicate that I had chosen her, and the rest was history. I had adopted another family before this, but they returned me to Second Chance because somebody had cat allergies. Can you imagine somebody giving ME up?

What breed are you?
I am a very handsome Big Orange Boy (BOB) with big white patches.

What inspired your pawrents to name you?
My name at Second Chance was Peppers. Mommy was not fond of that name, so she changed it to Pepperoni to make it easy for me to adapt to my new name, and then we shortened it to Roni. Some of my nicknames are Macaroni and Rice-a-Roni. And Bratty One. I’m not sure where she got that last one.


Do you have siblings? Do you get along?
I have 2 sisfurs, Zoe is the eldest at 14, and Bisi who adopted Mommy after I did. It’s very easy to get along with me, all you have to do is to obey my orders, including letting me bite you and jump on you. For some reason, Zoe objects to this. Go figure! Fortunately, Bisi lets me be the boss.

How would you describe your personality?
I am purrfect.
 
Do you have a mischief incident that is still talked about with your family?
Gosh, so many tales, so little time! There are the numerous times Mommy had come home after what I had considered a long absence, and discovered water splashed all around my water bowl. And then there are the times when she’d get up in the middle of the night to find a toy in the toilet. The latest one was when Mommy looked into her beach bag and saw five sparkle balls inside.

Tell me about an Awww moment.
I am so adorable, all my moments are Awww moments. Mommy loves it best when I sleep lying on my back with my paws in the air. She just melts when I cuddle and kiss (I was hungry.)

Who are 3 famous animals you’d most like to sniff?
 Any 3 butts will do.

What is the most interesting place in the house and why?
The garage! I can hunt bugs and lizards. Zoe is the one who catches them, I just watch. The prey gets half eaten sometimes, but Mommy doesn’t know for sure who eats them. There’s also a baby car seat in the garage which is extremely comfy, I can nap in it for hours!

Do you have any health issues?
I am healthy, knock on wood!

Do you like to be brushed, have your nails trimmed?
The Furminator is my best friend; the nail clipper is my worst enemy.

What is your relationship like with your veterinarian?
 My vet is great for the most part. She comes to the house, she does acupressure and energy work. We only disagree on what my ideal weight ought to be.

Do you like certain hoomans outside of your family?
I like most people. The cleaning lady calls me Sexy! She says I flirt with her.

What are your favorite foods and toys?
My favorite toy is my sisfur Zoe. My second favorite toy is my sisfur Bisi. My third favorite toy is Mommy. I also like books, sparkle balls, red dots, and tiny toy mice. I adore catnip, wheat grass, oat grass, raw chicken liver, cold cuts, Greenies, Pet Greens, Purrlicious, UltraMix kibble, and chlorella tablets.

Have you ever eaten anything that your hooman thought strange?
I like to lick Mommy’s nails after she buffs them. It’s so yummy!

Have you ever chewed or destroyed something that upset your pawrent?
I bite everything, especially paper, and Mommy parts. I’ve personalized most the books in this house, as well as a few file folders and gift bags. That shouldn’t upset anyone, should it?

What is your birth date, or Gotcha Day date?
My birthday is 4/5/05, my gotcha day is 12/21/08.

Does your pawrent celebrate your special date? How?
Mom claims I am so spoiled every day, she can’t make my special days any more special. (She has a limited imagination, obviously.)

Do you have a blog or a Facebook page? If so, please give the addresses and tell us what you write about.

I don’t have a blog, but Mom once wrote a blog post about me here:

INTERVIEW WITH RONI'S MOM, SOPHIE

Tell me about yourself, outside of your passion for animals, such as your family, hobbies and interests.
I love ballet, reading, flowers, gardening, jigsaw and other puzzles, Reiki, photography, making jewelry, Nia, and Twitter!

What type of work do you do?
After 26 years of computer work, I am a Reiki practitioner and a jewelry designer now.
 
Do you blog or Facebook? Tell me about it and give addresses.
My Jewels Of Light Healing (Reiki) Facebook page is:


 My Sparkles and Angels (jewelry) Facebook page is:


I blog very occasionally:

What genre of books do you favor? What is your favorite book, favorite author?
I prefer fiction. I love too many books and authors to be able to pick just one favorite. I was given a Kindle earlier this year, and it has become indispensable!

What type of music do you enjoy?
Classical, New Age, dance music.

Do you travel? What is the most memorable vacation you’ve ever taken?
I travel from time to time. My favorite destination is France. It’s beautiful there, and I speak French, so communicating is not a problem.

Tell me about your town and what makes it special to you.
I live in Raleigh, NC for 25 years now. Two of my siblings (and their families) live here too. I also have the support of my mentor and great friends.

 Thank you so much Roni and his mom for another wonderpurr intermew. Yay!

Don't Mess Wif Me!