DILL PICKLE SOUP!
You will need da following:
8 cups of chicken stock or broth
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
2 cups peeled, cubed potatoes
1 cup thinly sliced celery
5 coarsely grated Polish dill pickles (from a jar)
1/2 cup milk -- not skim
2 tablespoons flour
5 tablespoons sourpuss cream
salt and pepper
finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
finely chopped fresh dill (optional -- but I say put it in!)
- In a large sauceypan or a soup pot (or a bath tub...whatever!) combine chicken stock, bouillon, carrots, potatoes and celery.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook covered, over low heat, until potatoes start to get soft (about 10 minutes).
- Do not over cook (shaking stern paw at you and making frowny face).
- Add pickles and continue cooking another 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, smack around da milk and flour until smooth and then stir in a small amount of da hot soup (to tempurr) and add back into da soup. Does that make sense to you, cuz...(shaking head) sounds like Polish to me.
- Anyway! You now bring dis soup to a boil and cook it still slightly thickened.
- Remove it from heat.
- In a small bowl (again wif da small bowls...why not use a medium bowl?) Beat egg wif da sourpuss cream till smooth and again stir in a small amount of da hot soup. *Rolling eyes*
- Add it now back to da soup (are we playing games here? Getting kinda grumpy) and stir until smooth.
- Keep soup warm but DO NOT BOIL cuz dis milky soup will curdle like nuffin you ever seen!
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish wif da parsley and dill stuff.
Enjoy your soup hoomans cuz I know for sure no kitteh is gonna wanna eat dis soup. We no like to be called a pickle puss!