April 30, 2013

Exclusive Intermew with Henry The Cat 2002



What makes @HenrytheCat2002 pass out and drool?

What's his favorite past time during allergy season?

What does he think of catnip?

Read the answers to these questions and more...

Meet Henry The Cat 2002!
 
How old were you when you moved in with your family? Were you a rescue?

I was about 2 years old when I was rescued. I was hanging around the neighborhood begging for attention and food. One morning Mom went outside to get the paper and saw me sitting in the middle of the busy street (6:00 am!). I saw her and ran over and then ran into her house. She tried to find out if I belonged to a family, but a neighborhood lady said my people moved.  Mom figures I was a throw-away since I was wearing a leather collar. She found out fast why I may have been left to fend for myself. I am very demanding, and a royal pain. *snicker*

No! You are not demanding royal pain. You are CAT! Are you a breed of some sort? *curious ears**

I am a large grey Tabby with green eyes, and quite handsome… I think I am just your average mixed domestic short hair.

I agree. You iz handsome. Great profile! What inspired your hoomans to name you? 

Mom named me Henry after her wise guy/bookie/sometime jockey/sometime cab driver father   (think L.A. 1950’s Mickey Cohen). She finds this endlessly amusing, especially when I get vet appointment reminders in the mail that are addressed to me.

MOL! My brofur, Buddy, gets mail too! Do you have fur-sibs? Do you get along? 

Yes, I had 4, but Cody went OTRB 08/2012. So now I have 3. You may know @plutokitty, who is 16 years old and is a BIG bully for an old man. Also there is Grace (12 years old) and Mooch (13 years old). I am the youngest at 11.

How would you describe your personality? 

I’m a BIG talker. I always have lots to say & I am LOUD. But, I am very gentle, sweet, and laid back. I love to go in the carrier, and love the vet office. Dogs, cats, people, lots of barking and noise do not faze me!  I would have made an excellent therapy kitty. I am not shy. Also, it is ALL about me, ALL the time! I could have a 24/7 cable channel called the Henry Show and never get tired of myself.

I'd watch your show, Henry. Tell me about an Awww moment.

We have an Awww moment every morning when I wake up Mom by purring, talking, nuzzling, and crawling all over her. The not so Awww  moment is when I can’t wait and wake her at 03:45am. *giggle*

Complete this sentence: If I had opposable thumbs, I would… be able to feed myself!

Heck yeah! If you were to die and come back as a hooman or a thing, what would you want it to be?

Mom says if I were a hooman, I would look just like the little boy with freckles in the Norman Rockwell paintings. You know, the goofy looking one with the cowlick.

What is your idea of purrrfect happiness?

A big dollop of half and half first thing in the morning (when Mom makes her coffee).


What is your biggest peeve?

Oh that’s easy. Being ignored! Especially being ignored at 2:00 am. I’ve been known to speed bag (paw really hard) the shower door,  mirrors hanging on the wall, and any closed door. Or I sit on top of the refrigerator and howl as loud as possible. All in a night’s work. *wink*

You sound like really fun guy! What is the most interesting place in your home and why? 

Ha! Why the kitchen, of course! Also, on top of the entertainment wall unit-- it’s nice and dusty up there. Oh, and I love to sit in the cat tree and watch the birds!

Do you have any health issues?

Yes, I am diabetic.  In 2011, I had severe diabetic neuropathy in my back legs and wobbled around like a drunk. My back legs would slide out from under me when not on carpet.  Daddy said my Indian name was Chief Goofy Foot. It took about 4 months to get my insulin right and then I slowly got my legs back. Now I am fine! Also, I have asthma and allergies that give me chronic sneezing and snot.  Ma says you just haven’t lived until Henry has blown snot all over you. *smiles proudly* My personal favorite trick is to sneeze snot all over the clean, freshly filled water bowls. Which makes my Mom very cranky.

My tabby brofur, Buddy, is 22. He's been diabetic for ten years! Do you like to be groomed?

Brushing is okay. But what I really love is a full body massage! On Sundays we all pile on the bed for naptime, and massages! It makes me pass out and drool.

What three words would you use to describe your hooman?

Nanny, Cook, and Maid. Heehee

What are your favorite foods and toys?

I love Bumble Bee prime filet albacore! Also, half and half, chicken, and teriyaki steak.  My favorite toys are my wool snake and chew rings! For some reason, I have zero interest in catnip. Go figure!

Have you ever chewed or destroyed something that upset your hooman?

When I get happy and excited, I chew. I put fang marks on Mom’s iphone, and once I bit and ripped her glasses off her face, leaving a mark (on the glasses). Oh and I’ve taken the remote in my mouth and tossed it. And I don’t like doors that are shut. I have been known to sit at the door and tear up the carpet.

Well, it's rude to be ignored. What is your birth date, or Gotcha Day date?

My Gotcha Day is August 21, 2004.

*makes note in date book* When did you join Twitter and what clubs do you belong to?

I joined Twitter in May 2009. I was part of the staff of the original PawPawty’s, and worked with @Javathecat on menu creation and also barktended. I am a regular barktender for the #nipclub monthly pawty, and have my dear friend @toughteddybear as my co-barktender.  I am belong to  #Jesters and #SoCalPals and many of my friends are #wlf.  I am so blessed to have met such great pals on twitter, and so grateful for the opportunity to be part of fundraising for animals in need.


Do you have a blog or a Facebook page? If so, please give the addresses.

Just my twitter handle, which is @HenrytheCat2002.

Thanks for being intermewed, Henry! You're really interesting kitteh!

Thank you so much for having us on your bloggie Herman and Kim. Love you tons, I had fun answering the questions!


INTERVIEW WITH HENRY'S PAWRENT

Tell me about yourself: family, hobbies and interests.

My name is Kim Ferreira, and my birthday is January 7th.  I live in Studio City (San Fernando Valley) CA. with my boyfriend and 4 cats. I do not have children. I come from an odd family. My grandmother was psychic/metaphysically inclined and passed that on to me at an early age. My grandmother was also a vaudeville child star.My grandparents were original stockholders of Hollywood Park race track & spent all of their free time there. My parents met at an illegal card house in Gardena CA. They were both bookies. I left home at 12 and was taken in by my good friend’s family- who were circus people.  I am interested in anything old- houses, mirrors, sheet music, photographs, especially memorial photos from 1850-1940. Also love anything 1920’s/art deco. I love mysteries- true ones (like Judge Crater from 1930).  And, I love to read, especially true crime. Please don’t hold all of this against me.

Not at all! In fact, my mom wants to move next door to you and hang out! What type of work do you do?

I was a mortuary counselor for years, and now I am mortuary office manager for a direct cremation society. It can be a very difficult, draining job, but it also can be very rewarding to be of service to grieving folk. It’s not for everyone. LOL

Well, somebody has to do it. And you're good at your job, so... What TV shows do you enjoy?

I love Boardwalk Empire, True Blood, and American Horror Story.  I also watch lots of true crime, and history documentaries.

Oh! My mom loves True Blood! Go Eric! If you had three wishes, what would they be?

My dream wish would to be a foster for animals. And the means and room to do it full time.

Do you travel? What is the most memorable vacation you’ve ever taken?

I do not travel, and I have never been on a plane. I have been out of California one time, to Las Vegas. That was in 1982. The only traveling I do is when I read.

If you could live anywhere in the world, which place would you choose?

Eureka, Humboldt County, CA. where the redwoods meet the ocean. Eureka has many Craftsman and Victorian homes, and I would love to live in one, with many cats. And a dog or two.

What is a typical day for you, starting when your pets want breakfast?

Up at 4:20 (coffee!!! And news), breakfast/meds/clean-up for the cats. Usually at work by 7:00, and then home by 5:30- dinner/meds/clean-up for the cats.Dinner for hoomans.Lights out at 8:00. Rinse and repeat LOL

Thank you so much!

So happy you and Henry stopped by and shared your stories with me and my readers.

Haz a Wonderpurr Life!
 

Don't Mess Wif Me!