June 10, 2012

Anipal Prom





Hi, it's me, Herman!!! I am still floating with joy over the success of Friday night's #AnipalProm. We had a huge turnout, and we trended worldwide. Not bad for a group of newbie pawty planners who put it all together in a matter of maybe 3 weeks.



First I want to thank @Nikepurrfektcat for coming up with the idea. She pulled together a great team of purrfectionist purrsonalities to make it all happen. She is a dynamite leader and did a thorough job of coordination and execution.






 I was impressed by @TweetingTruman's AnipalProm blog and the detail he put into making a festive showcase for us all to enjoy. He created a menu that we are all licking our lips over.









Phi @3phibotticelli with her date Stan @whitie99
Also @3Phibotticelli was our team cheerleader chewing away at the details (I'd hate to be a bone in her house! I'm sure at times she felt like she was herding cats...um. Guess she was considering the rest of us on the PromCom were cats!).

Bode @4catsstrapski
Dylan @Dylcat1
Belle @Frankencat1
Bode @4catsstrapski, Dylan @Dylcat1 and my beloved Belle @Frankencat1 put their best paws forward to bring on DJs, Barktenders, prizes and pawty favors.

@CheshireK
@DanaPixie

Huge thanks to @CheshireK and @DanaPixie who came on at the last minute to photograph prom attendees and make us all look amazing in our prom finery.


I want to specially thank Dylan @Dylcat1 for all the hard tweeting he did getting word out to the Anipal community about the prom. And Bode @4catsstrapski and @Nikepurrfekcat who spent way too much of their time judging the dance contest.

Phi and Stan
Me and Belle
 We never expected 19 couples to enter and it took a lot of time to give each entry a lot of thought and consideration in order to pick the winners -- @Lilyluwhot and @ToughTeddyBear. Bode, I really hope you and Nancy @NancyCakeFace have another date where you get to pawty and dance.
Bode and @NancyCakeFace
Everyone looks so glamorous in their prom avatars. There are so many great ones. I wish I could have gotten them all, but I was busy announcing 3 sets of Kings and Queens:

Honorary King @PetietheCat and Honorary Queen @Pandafur
Petie & Pandafur

Individual King @TommyPug 



 and Individual Queen @3Phibotticelli


Couple King and Queen @RockytheDogg and @Queen_Greta

Running Guess the Temptations contest (concatulations to Belle @Frankencat1 who guessed the closest number by thinking 3 bags at 120 pieces per bag. to equal 321. The actual number was 335) Special thank you to @OprahtheWestie for donating the $25 gift certificate prize.

I presented the Dance trophy to @ToughTeddyBear and @LilyLuWhoT

And I got to barktend with my best girl, Belle...until Twitter had enough of my sh... um...poo...and cut me off at the knees. There I was...having a blast, serving my own concoction TattlecatTwister and MiceCream 

when I couldn't tweet no more! What The Friskies! I'd never been sent to Twitmo before. Before the night was over I spent more time in Twitmo than at the pawty. I went in SIX TIMES! I'm told I set a new record.

But then someone told me... I think it was either Jazz @ClingyCat or @NerissatheCat who said... It's a great pawty if someone is sent to jail. Well...it was a GREAT PAWTY! Yay!

One more thing. The success of the #AnipalProm finally pushed Milo @PunkPugs to pop the question to our lovely @DoggyMolly who said YES! Huge concatulations to you both on your engagement!

 

A few highlights follow. I wish I could have captured you all. Hope you enjoy!
@ArlieJo
@BarnabasKitten
@BibleCat
Bunny invasion at prom
@Claudiab53 Duchess of Bramley
@CocoWordofDay
@Cuddles_Cat
Daffy @NoCrybabyDoGS and Rusty @IamRustyCat
@Germanshorthair Daisy Gretchen and Banjo
Deanie @ItsMeDeaner
@DearClyde
@GeorgetheDuck
Whitey and Marcella aka @TheMooshies
@Mr_Pie
@KillerParrot
Marie @Cats_Meows
@Nutmegtorby and @Euripidescat
@OprahTheWestie
@PalomatheBoston and @ItsBensonTime
@PixelDoggy and her Angel sisfur @JinJinDoggy
@RabbitViola
@WinstonTabby
@XenaSchnauzer
@TweetingTruman and @MittenKitty
@Missy_Minerva
@ZobyDoby1 and sisfur @FlobyDoby1
@DiegothePup
@HenrytheCat2002
@Mariodacat and @Katiebella2

Don't Mess Wif Me!