|Me lying on Mom's Sekret Recipe Book|
PURRRFECT POPOVER RECIPE
There's nuffin like a good hot n steamy popover from da oven, right? Dis popover is nommy good wif my Signature Salad (see below). Dis recipe serves 6...or one if you reeeeallly love popovers.
You will need:
Popover pan- pikture below
1-1/4 cups ALL-PURRRPOSE flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups milk
Softened buttah for brushing pan
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan if making cheesy popovers
Cayenne if making cheesy popovers
plastic wrap spoon bowl oven (duh! rolls eyes)
1. Mix flour and salt together in a medium bowl.
2. Make a well in da center of flour mixture.
3. Beat eggs slightly and add in 1/2 cup milk.
4. Gradually work this into the flour, whisking until it's smooth.
5. Whisk in da remaining milk.
At dis point, if you want to make cheesy popovers, add 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan and a dash of cayenne.
6. Cover bowl wif plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
If you need something to do while waiting for batter to chill...consider brushing a kitteh. Or maybe giving kitteh a fully body massage. Or maybe clean a litter box or two.
7. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
8. Preheat popover pan for 10 minutes.
Dis is a popover pan:
10. Fill cups wif batter 2/3 full.
11. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
Note: DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR UNTIL POPOVER ARE DONE. Cool air will drop da tempurrrature quickly and your popovers will implode. Not purrrty.
12. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake for extra 10-15 minutes if you like really wet kinda gross insides. Or bake for 20 minutes if you want to actually eat these things.
Of course, you can't just live on bread alone...so below you will find my signature salad recipe.
GIDGET'S SIGNATURE SALAD
Dressing: makes 2 cups
2 tablespoons tarragon wine vinegar
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 tablespoon of catnip flakes, prefurrably Cosmic blend
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup Miracle Whip
3 tablespoons parsley flakes
2 tablespoons chopped hard-boiled eggs
1 tablespoons minced chives
1 teaspoon sugar
mixed salad greens
2 cups ham, cut into thin strips
2 cups Swiss cheese, cut into thin strips
2 cups of mole, deboned, declawed, cut into thin strips
2 cups cooked chicken, cut into thin strips
* Combine vinegar and grated onion and set aside to marinate.
* In medium bowl combine mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, parsley flakes, Cosmic catnip flakes, eggs, chives, and sugar; stir until well mixed.
* Add vinegar-onion mixture and mix thoroughly.
++Chill until you're ready to use. While you are chilling, maybe ask your hooman to brush you. Or give you a pedicure. Then, when you are finished wif your nap and ready to chow down...
*Line salad bowl with fresh salad greens (or old ones if you like the gross wilty stuff)
* Combine strips of ham, Swiss cheese, mole and chicken and turn into the middle of the bowl. Just plop it into dat bowl, a big ol' mound of nommy goodness!
7. Cover with prepared dressing. You no haz to mix it since when you spoon it into your bowl, the dressing will cling to the cheese and meat stuff like kitteh litter to your paws.
Dis salad is good wif oven-warm Popovers. Hm. Maybe I give you dat recipe next Monday.
Haz a dee-licious week!