March 23, 2013

Honored by Another Award

Today my bestie, @NerissaTheCat over at Nerissa's Life gave me a blogging award called the Liebster Award. Niss is always encouraging me and putting his paw in my back to keep blogging even when my Mom sez she has a full day of writing books and can't be blogging for me too. But somehow we manage, and its because of pals like Niss that I try real hard to do my bestest.

This week Niss received word that his blog Nerissa's Life is a finalist for the 2013 Blog Paws Nose-to-Nose Best Blog Writing category. Please click on his blog name to go check it out.

Anyway! For my Liebster Award, Niss said I had to answer the following questions. So here goes:



What is your favourite flower?
last year's roses
 I like pinky colored roses cuz they compliment my nose color.



What is the most recent book you read?
Elvis and Me by Priscilla Presley. I read it over my mom’s shoulder. Honestly, I snoozed through most of it. I mean...what da Friskies was her pawrents thinking when they let dat little 14 year old girl go off wif Elvis da Pelvis? And him getting all frisky wif her when she was underage? And then the pills to sleep and the pills to wake up? OMC! It took us forever to get through the book cuz we kept gasping and rolling our eyes, and Mom often needed a time out to get her outrage under control.

What is your favourite genre?
Cozy mysteries wif cats! Like Sofie Kelly’s books. Or Lillian Jackson Braun’s The Cat Who mysteries.

What is your favourite season?
Summertime! Even though I haz to suffer through a hair cut and lose most of my floof, I get to go outside and shake my tail at the wood fence. Yay!
Must be spring 2012 cuz yard kinda empty of plants

Who is your best friend?
Nerissa the Cat is my bestie cuz he “gets me” and when I’m feeling like a sour puss, he gives me an encouraging word. He also grows da bestest cat nip in the whole world and sent me several homemade knit toys for Crispmouse.
Nerissa the Cat

Would you rather sit under a tree or climb it?
Sit under it. My climbing days are kinda over.

What is your favourite kind of tree?
In my tiny yard my dad didn’t plant any trees cuz its small. But … we haz bamboo that is super tall and I like to lie under it and cool off when its 100 outside.
Peaches chillaxing by bamboo

What is your favourite smell?
Toona! And nip! And…my mom.

 What is your favourite television show?
HLN morning news wif Robin Meade. That’s when my pawrents eat brekkie in da kitchen and sometimes Mom drops turkey bacon for me to eat. 

Do you have siblings and if so, how many?
*sigh!* So many! Buddy is da oldest -- he’s a tabby and 22 years old. Then there is me, at 12. Then there is Opie at 5, and Peaches is 5 too. And then there is Jack who is Peaches’ son and is Then there is Gidget who is 3. And finally, there is Dori (Adorapurr) who is 5 months old. There are several outside cats too. The only one I know purrsonally is Chauncie Marie, a tabby who lives in MY YARD. She’s about 7 I guess. I no care. I don’t like her.

Me wif Peaches on left and Chauncie Marie on right.

What colour is your fur or hair?
I’m what is called a “white and red tabby” Turkish Van wif a mix of Turkish Angora.

Now I'm supposed to pass the Liebster award on to eleven other bloggers. So here are the ones I choose:
Belle @Frankencat1 for Belle's World
@NewtTheCat for Hope For Liver Shunt Cats
@NikePurrfekcat for Nikepurrfect Cat's World
@LucyLiberte for Friends of Lucy
@DoggyMolly for Doggy Molly's Blog
@Mr_Pie for Top Cat PDSA Pet Fit Club
@PillsterCat for Pillster's Pages
@TheMooshies for The Mooshie Chronicles
@MiaandManu for We Are Siamese If You Please
@PepperPom for Pepper's Paws

I appreciate the effort each haz put into their blogs and their pawticular causes.

Now, you are supposed to answer some questions, and then pass this award on to others.


If you were hooman, what is the first thing you would do to make the world a better place for animals?
If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you take with you?
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
What is your idea of perfect happiness?
What is your biggest peeve?
What is the most interesting place in your home and why?
Do you have a mischief incident that is still talked about? 
What are your favorite foods and toys?
What is your most prized possession?
If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
Complete this sentence: If I had opposable thumbs, I would…




Love you all!

Herman!!!

Don't Mess Wif Me!