May 14, 2012

Meet Bode @4catsstrapski

What can I say about my pal Bode except...I loves dis guy to pieces! He was my mechanic during the Great Spring Street Race. And he's one of the nicest furends I've made here on Twitter. Please welcome Bode.



How old were you when you moved in with your family? Were you a rescue?

I was five years old when I entered mom's home and heart. I was a cat that someone had let go and I lived in the wild for a while.

What inspired your meowmy to name you?

Mom had a hard time naming me. But watching the 2002 Olympics she saw bad boy of skiing Bode Miller and that was my name, bode. I have lived up to the bad boy part.

How would you describe your purrrsonality?

I'm standoffish. I have to initiate the petting. I'm not a lap cat much to mom's sorrow. Don't like to be held. Only lived with Smokie and he was Alpha cat. Now I rule the roost. I also am a talker when I want something. And I do tell mom when there is something special in the litte box to be cleaned right now.

Do you have any health issues?

Some but they are related to getting older.   I'm going to be 15 this year so that's to be expected.

Wow! 15! That's great pal! Do you like to be brushed, have your nails trimmed?

I love to be brushed, combed and petted if I ask for it. Nails I do myself. Had one nail clipped. Never again.

What is your relationship like with your veterinarian?

I love my veterinarian, Dr. Anderson. I may complain to and from him but 'm always a perfect gentleman once there.


Do you like certain hoomans outside of your family?

Being in an apartment building, I don't see too many, but I do like Karen and Dan who work here. They make a big deal out of me.

What are your favorite foods and toys?

My most favorite food is tuna. Mom buys it just for me; she doesn't liek it. My favorite toy is a scruffy ball with material hanging from it. I love tossing and chasing it.

What is your birth date, or Gotcha Day date?

My gotcha date is February 19. I celebrate my birthday with mom, July 30.

When did you join Twitter and what clubs do you belong to?

I joined Twitter about the same time Herman did (late October 2011). Mom is not much on dates. I belong to WLF and BBOT.

What are you known for on Twitter by your Anipal furends?

This is a hard question. I hope it's that I am a true friend who will be there for my anipals.

Ohhh yeah! Bode is definitely one of the bestest furends you can haz.
Now Bode’s mom, Sylvia, will tell you about herself.

Outside of loving my cats dearly, I knit, read, watch DVDs, play endless games of Freecell, enjoy going out to eat, help at the Senior Center. Being retired is a full time job. Oops, I forgot I back the Packers and the Chicago Blackhawks. Of course, I spend vast amounts of time typing for Bode on Twitter.  I love the Internet with its access to everything. When I first got it the first place I went was the Cairo Museum. I love all things Egyptian.

For reading I Iike mysteries, especially Historical; nonfiction, concentrating on Nazi Germany. I'm a history major and it's the era I favor. Do like biographies too, especially of people in history. Also drawn to the Jack the Ripper books. I like true horror movies with an ending where the bad gets his. I do not watch movies that deal with rape, abusing or killing children, animal abuse and wanton murder. To me these are the true horror movies because it could happen to anyone I know. I also believe in paranormal activity. Not ghosts and ghoulies but loved ones coming back to visit. My family is receptive to this sort of thing. I have a nephew who has done some ghost hunting.

I've taught, worked at KMart, in a factory, At McDonalds. My motto is "I've lived the life I've been given; it's not the one I would have chosen."

When I was young, I loved to shop. Love to get fancy shoes. I also loved wearing hats. There's nothing grander than a picture hat. Nowadays, I tend to be more conservative, probably because I can't wear high heels any more. I had one pair of red patent leather shoes that were like Dorothy's in the wizard of Oz. I'm a bargain hunter until I look at yarn. I knit a lot of socks. My brother once asked me how much I would charge for a pair. Told him that giving myself a dollar an hour for work, about $50 or $60. It's nice to know my socks are worth more than the rest of my outfit. My other big treat has always been going out to eat. Was much easier to do go to different places when I lived in Chicago, but I don't do badly up here. Might have to drive 60 miles, so it's mainly lunch.

I like the outdoors. I like it more when I was able to walk with ease. There isn't anything better than walking through a forest or picking fresh raspberries in the woods. I've never been a lie in the sun type of person.  Also, having a cancer removed, the sun is a no no. My whole family are water babies. I need to see water to feel good. Living on the bay when I did was a bit of heaven for me.

My favorite food: It's easier to tell you what I don't like beef liver, cottage cheese, sushi, very hot food.  I love salads and salad bars. I'm not a big fan of cakes and cookies. If I want a sweet, make it a hot fudge sundae. I used to love to cook but now find myself looking for recipes with 5 items in them.  I do make a great champagne salad. Look it up on the Internet, I think you might like it.

I don't watch television that much. When I worked at the factory, it was a seven day swing shift so I got out of watching recurring shows. I watch Packer football. When I l look at Aaron Rodgers, I wish I was 50 years younger. I do like the Home and Garden Network and A&E, Discovery and National Geographic, but since they're gone to reality shows, I don't watch them that much. Netflix and my local library supply with DVDs of all sorts.

I'm open to all music except hip hop. It's just not my thing.  Music has always lifted my spirits.  Remember teaching under a particularly awful principal. Felt horrid driving to work and the John Denver's "Sunshine on my shoulders" would come on and the all was right with the world. So it's anything from grand opera to rock and roll.

I used to travel and enjoyed it very much. There are two times that touched beyond word. Getting off the plane in Hawaii for the first time and feeling like I had come home. The second was the second  time I went to the Grand Tetons and realized how much I loved the area. Three places I wanted to visit but didn't were New Zealand, Scotland (maybe that's why I read Hamish MacBeth mysteries) and Austria at Christmas, Vienna in particular. The nice thing now is I may be watching something and I realize I was there and for a moment I am again.

I live in a small town in northern Wisconsin which is just across from a small town in Michigan. Life is much slower. It suits me. Are people more friendly; people are people, they come in all shapes and sizes. I originally lived on Green Bay in Michigan before taking care of house became too much and having been severed with about 400 other people from our very lucrative jobs also destroyed my retirement finances. I had about 4 years until I could have retire with full benefits and social security. As my sister says don't cry about, you're not going to change it. It is beautiful up here. I can look out my apartment window and see trees and flowers and since they tore down paradise and put up a parking lot, I can see the river. Snork! If I was more active, there are trails to walk in summer, waterfalls to go see, and just enjoying the waterfront. In winter there is snowmobiling and cross country skiing and downhill skiing.  This is the kind of place that, during the winter, my local library had a fire going in the fireplace.  The local knitting store is in registry of historical homes.  

A typical day. I start about 4AM with Bode's pre-breakfast Fancy Feast Appetizers treat. Back to bed. Up around 6Am to give him breakfast. Get on the computer and check things out.  If I get on Twitter, I may be on it for a while. Then out I go. Perhaps lunch at the Senior Center.  Very cost saving $3.00 a meal for us Seniors. Then it may be shopping or an afternoon at the Elegan Ewe, the knitting shop, knitting and visiting with friends. Great view of the bay from her backroom. Anyone who comes to Menominee should stop in. Then it's home and feed Bode dinner and make something for myself. Of course, if I don't start quick enough, Bode reminds that I should be making something so he can taste test before his evening naps. Go on Twitter. Watch a DVD. Time for bed and snack for Bode and me.  I usually read for an hour or two in bed. Then it's lights out. 

Thankew so much Bode and his meowmy for intermewing here. You both are wonderpurr!

Don't Mess Wif Me!