May 16, 2012

Meet Pepper Pom

Meet @PepperPom. She is friendly and fun, and I enjoy hanging out wif her at Nipclub where she is a Barktender.

How old were you when you moved in with your family?

I was 9 weeks old when mom took me home.

Were you a rescue?

No, I was purchased as a puppy.

What breed of dog are you?

Pomeranian (oversized, I am twice the size of the AKC standard)

What inspired your pawrent to name you?

Mom had a dream about an orange Pomeranian named Pepper. That is when she decided it was time to get a dog.  She looked in the newspaper and made some phone calls, and found me!

Do you have siblings?

No, at this time I am an only fur.  Maybe in the future I will get a fursib.

How would you describe your personality?

I am happy, curious, playful, smart, bossy, stubborn, funny, alert, and vocal.


Do you have a mischief incident that is still talked about with your family?

Not that I can think of, I’m not very mischievous. 

Tell me about an Awww moment.  

BOL!!!  Just one?  I am a fluffy Pomeranian, most moments are awww  moments!  I look when I hear people say awwww, or cute, like I think it is my name or something.

Do you have any health issues?

I had surgery on my knees when I was 7 months old for luxated patellas.

Do you like to be brushed, have your nails trimmed?

I like to be brushed on my back and my tummy, but not my tushie!  BOL!!  That is where I get tangles.  I am not fond of having my nails trimmed-- I try to pull my paw away.

What is your relationship like with your veterinarian?

I like the vet, it is his metal table that I am scared of.

Do you like certain hoomans outside of your family?

I like 99.99% of humans.  I will wiggle up to almost anyone for a sniff and a stroking.

What are your favorite foods and toys? 

 BOL!!  Again, just one??  I love to eat, almost anything!  I like all meats and cheeses.  But I’m not allowed to have pork because I have a sensitivity to it.  I like most dog treats, canned food, and kibble.  I am never allowed to have rawhide.  Mom is picky about my treats, she wants them to be healthy and NO chicken jerky from China.  I get my chicken jerky from Dog Pack Snacks, made in the USA with USA ingredients!

I love squeaky toys!!  Particularly the fuzzy ones, stuffed and non-stuffed.  I like squeaky balls too!  If it squeaks, I will fetch it! BOL!!!

What is your birth date, or Gotcha Day date?  

My birthday is March 10, 2008, my gotcha day is May 16, 2008.

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, PEPPER!!!
When did you join Twitter and what clubs do you belong to?

I joined Twitter in August of 2011.  I bartend at the NipClub.  I am a member of the Pink Angels and WLF.  I participate in PetChat, FurChat, Keepfits, CaykClub, and PawPawty.  I hope I didn’t leave any groups out.  I try to participate in most anipal activities.

What are you known for on Twitter by your Anipal furends?

BOL!!  Probably for barking too much and being sent to Twitmo!  I am also known for wiggling and nomming!  @ChazzTheDog is my boypup.

Do you have a blog or a Facebook page?

Yes, I have both! My blog is at http://pepperspaws.blogspot.com/  I write about whatever I feel like.  My adventures, things I like, and I plan to write about the service dog aspects of my life eventually.  Currently the focus is more on fun outings and products I like and get to try out. My Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/PepperPom


Meet Pepper’s mom, Angel

Do you have hobby?

My favorite hobby is sewing.

Are you an outdoor person, or an indoor person, and why?

I am indoor person.  I have several health issues including allergies.

Do you blog or Facebook?

No, the internet is Pepper’s turf.

What is your favorite book, favorite author?

I don’t have just one favorite book, I tend to read series.  Currently my favorite series and Author are the Serge Storms book by Tim Dorsey.   They are hilarious. 

What TV shows do you enjoy?

My favorite TV show is BONES.   I enjoy most shows in that genre, such as NCIS.

What type of music do you enjoy?

I like several different types of music, but mostly pop/rock I guess.

What is your favorite song? 

 Wicked Game by Chris Isaak

What is the most memorable vacation you’ve ever taken?

I have taken several very memorable trips.   As a teenager, the tour of Europe would be one of the most memorable.  As an adult there are several.  Most recently was my train trip to Pennsylvania to meet a very good friend I met on Dogster. 

Tell me about your town and what makes it special to you.

I currently live in a small town, but it isn’t the typical small town, it is one in a string of close small towns that share their shopping areas.  For example, PetsMart is in the next town, but Sam’s Club is in my town.  I think one of the best qualities of this area is that most people here like dogs.  There are a handful of dog events/festival days during the year that I enjoy. 

Have you ever traveled with your pet?

YES!!  LOL!  If I go, Pepper goes.

Please give me an adventure story.

Well, I learned that trains are not Pepper’s favorite mode of travel.  I don’t think she trust floors that shake.   She went in her duffle bag and refused to come out voluntarily.  I had to take her out through the top opening for potty breaks and meals.  Yet she still managed to do her job effectively.   She is a trooper, adjusting to all of the things we experience together.  But she’ll have to get used to the train, I loved riding on it!  

Tell me about your first pet, and how many have you had in your lifetime? 

We had several family pets of various species when I was child, I’m not sure which was the very first, or how many there were.  I know we had dogs, cats, rabbits, parakeets, fish, doves, chickens, and a duck.    As an adult, a Siamese cat was my first pet.   I don’t know my lifetime total, but as an adult, I had 3 cats, and now I have Pepper, my service dog.

Why did you choose Pepper to Tweet for instead of another pet?

Well, it just sort of happened.  It started with a service dog listserve, which led me to Dogster, where I learned about BarkWorld and Facebook.  I joined Twitter when I saw it on the BarkWorld page, now I even have a blog! 

Thankew Pepper and her mom for intermewing on my blog. Yay!

Don't Mess Wif Me!