September 4, 2012

MEET SHARKSHEPARD



I recently met @SharkShepard and discovered, after I got over her maybe nomming on me a little, that she's fun and interesting. So I asked her to intermew and yay! she agreed.


What breed of shark are you?
I am a Great White Shark--with lasers--who wishes she was a Megalodon.

Ooooh! Cool! How did you get your name?
My name is my Xbox video game tag – Shark Shepard. Shark because I LOVE sharks. Shepard because Commander Shepard, from the Mass Effect trilogy, is the best video game character EVER.

Describe your personality.
Big, toothy, cheeky, cuddly, hungry, sarcastic, fun

Do you have a mischief incident that is still talked about with your family?
Well there was that day I accidentally ate the neighbor…KIDDING

Tell me about an Awww moment.
The day Master Felix made me a Jedi Knight!

Who are 3 famous animals you’d most like to sniff?
Sharktopus; Sherman from Sherman’s Lagoon; an Alien from Aliens

What is the most interesting place in the house and why?
The Kitchen. FOOD

Have you ever caught a bird or something edible? Did you eat it?
<Big evil toothy shark grin> umm. Yah.

Do you like to be brushed, have your nails trimmed?
I brush my teeth and floss. Good dental hygiene is important for sharks.

What is your relationship like with your veterinarian?
Lunch.

Do you like certain hoomans outside of your family?
Yes, Land Apes are delicious! I mean, ummm…sure. J

What are your favorite foods and toys?
There’s a difference? Toys are food right? My motto is I don’t eat friends. Everything else is on the menu and is my favorite.

Have you ever eaten anything that your hooman thought strange?
Us sharks can get away with pretty much eating anything without anyone thinking it’s too strange. J

Have you ever chewed or destroyed something that upset your pawrents?
I’m a shark. What do you think?

When did you join Twitter and what clubs do you belong to?
I joined summer 2011. Mostly to keep up on the latest Bioware/Mass Effect 3 news. I follow all the Bioware developers, writers, marketing and social media folk. I also follow as many voice actors from my favorite games as I can. Somewhere along the way I met my favorite twitter animal, Edgar Winter. Then I started to meet cats. Somehow I became a shark and joined #WLF. I love it. It’s great fun.

What are you known for on Twitter by your Anipal furends?
Being a shark!

Is there anything you’d like to tell us about you that I didn’t know to ask?
Well let’s see... I’m married to @swallesch known to most of you as Hammy.   

And umm…I have a tendency to stick my fin in my mouth sometimes. I am a NICE shark, with a wry sense of humor…I don’t mean to scare or offend ANYONE!

NOW MEET THE HOOMAN BEHIND THE SHARK

Tell me about yourself, outside of your passion for animals, such as your family, hobbies and interests.
My family consists of my wife Shayne; 2 cats: Rupert and Logan; and 3 dogs: Fang, the wiener dog, Ramses the husky/shepherd mix, and Henry the yellow lab.

What type of work do you do?
Right now? I’m an admin assistant. Before my layoff? Public relations.

Are you an outdoor person, or an indoor person, and why?
I can be both. It depends. I like to be outdoors where it is WARM year round. So when I’m on vacation – jet skiing; snorkeling… water-related stuff like that.  When I’m home in Seattle? I like my tv and my video games. I’m pretty much your average couch potato 95% of the time.

Do you blog or Facebook? Tell me about it and give addresses.
Yes I’m on Facebook. I mostly post pictures of my dogs and cats. DM me if you’re interested and I’ll tell you who I am. <grin>

What genre of books do you favor? What is your favorite book, favorite author?
Sci Fi. The Species Imperative Trilogy by Julie Czerneda. BEST 3 BOOKS EVER! And I read… A LOT.  If you like animals and are interested in biology and what makes a creature tick, check these books out. Ms. Czerneda has the most amazing ability to describe her characters – she brings them to life. It kind of amazes me how much she’s obviously thought about her creatures and what drives them. Not to mention the story is great too.

What TV shows do you enjoy?
You mean what TV shows don’t I enjoy? I’ll list a few of my favorites: Battlestar Galactica (not the one from the 70s!!! grrr) – best show ever made; Downton Abbey; Game of Thrones; True Blood; anything with Gordon Ramsay; The Walking Dead; The Big Bang Theory. Obviously I could go on and on and on…

Do you have a favorite movie?
Seriously?! I like to think it’s still Star Wars, but there are so many good movies.

What type of music do you enjoy?
Honestly? Top 40 pop. I like 80s music, grunge (I’m from Seattle!), heavy metal, Adam Lambert, Tina Turner and Reba…but mostly I stick to Top 40 pop music. Right now my favorite song is that new one by Kelly Clarkson – I think it’s called Dark Side?!

What is your favorite video game?
Hermie you sweetie! How kind of you to ask that question! The Mass Effect trilogy. ME3 is my favorite of the 3. The story is as good as the best sci fi books I’ve ever read; at least as good as Battlestar Galactica (which is super high praise! Time said BSG was one of the top 10 best shows ever made); better than any movie I’ve ever seen – it’s like playing a movie. Commander Shepard’s mission? Just to save the galaxy. Except, depending on decisions you are forced to make thru all 3 games, you may or may not be successful.  Trailer for ME3 – Take Earth Back

Do you travel? What is the most memorable vacation you’ve ever taken?
Yes, I travel a lot. It’s a toss-up between Tahiti and Australia. In Australia I found Nemo! Tahiti? You have to go there and then you’ll understand – Bora Bora is my favorite island.

Tell me about your town and what makes it special to you.
I live in Seattle. Home of Starbucks and a lot of rain. Honestly? I live here cause I grew up here, had a career here and bought a house here. It’s not my favorite place that’s for sure. Maybe it’s a case of the grass is always greener?

Who are the 3 famous people you’d most like to have dinner with, and why?
@trutriciahelfer; @kateesackhoff; @RealLucyLawless. Isn’t the “why” obvious? <evil grin>

Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever experienced a ghost?
Yup.  I was on the Queen Mary in Longbeach, CA. It’s a hotel now and it’s spooky. Someone was vacuuming outside our room at 3 in the morning. It was loud it woke us up. It was so obviously a vacuum. Nothing else sounds like a vacuum! Thing is no one was vacuuming outside our room. Not that we could see. I called the front desk and they said nobody was vacuuming that they knew about, but when they came down they heard it too. Thanks a lot Ghosts! Thanks for the stupidest ghost story EVER!  

Have you ever traveled with your pet? If so, please give me an adventure story.
Nope! The dogs go in the car around town, that’s about it.

Tell me about your first pet, and how many have you had in your lifetime?
She was a blue-point Balinese my dad named Charm. We moved to an apartment when I was 10 and she couldn’t move with us. I don’t remember much about her unfortunately. Charm; Takamatsu (my dad named him too); Blackey (brother named him); Sparky; Nevera; Fiero; Sampson; Kelley; Fang; Ramses; Henry; Rupert; Logan and a plecostomus named Sucky.

Why did you choose to Tweet for a shark instead of one of your pets?
I love sharks. Why? They are misunderstood beautiful creatures who just happen to be awesome predators. They are very very good at their job! I think that Jim Toomey who writes Sherman’s Lagoon has pretty much nailed what sharks are really like. J

What is your favorite time of day, and why?
Afternoons on Saturdays or vacation days. Mornings suck cause I’m tired. Nights suck cause the day wore me out. Afternoons are PURRFECT.

Do you have a favorite Cheezburger you could share with us?
Anything from Fatburger. Oh! You’re not talking food are you? Nope, I pretty much like them all. Cute animals saying funny things? What could be better?  Have you heard of Dog Shaming? It’s evil but hilarious. Check them out on Twitter or Facebook.

What is a typical day for you, starting when your pets want breakfast?
Weekday? Get up, go to work, stay in the shower until my wife tells me to get out cause I have to go to work. Suck it up, get dressed go to work. Suffer. Go home and cook dinner and watch TV and play with dogs OR go eat Wingz and Sudz somewhere and go home and pass out.  Repeat.
Weekend? Get up when I feel like it. Play with dogs and cats. Eat when I feel like it. Sleep when I feel like it. Throw in some tv or a movie and some video games… oh. Sunday night: HBO (whatever series happens to be on that I’m into) and dread work the next day.

Is there anything you’d like to tell us about you that I didn’t know to ask?
If I could invite a 4th person to dinner, it would be Sheldon. No, not Jim Parsons, his character on Big Bang Theory: Sheldon. Why? Cause he’s so cute and I love him.

Thankew for intermewing for my blog. You both verrry interesting! Yay!

Don't Mess Wif Me!