March 11, 2012

We Love Petie The Cat!

We love Petie!

Anipals wear tee shirts declaring their love for him. 

We've gathered on #PetiesPorch for #pawcircles to help him through the stages of his progressing illness. 

He's been a wonderpurr furend for as long as we've known him.

@PetietheCat is a 17 year old orange tabby with a sweet purrrsonality. He's fun and cheerful and kind and always there for a furend, even when he's not feeling so good. 

He's also married to the lovely Pandora @Pandafur who declares her love and concern for Petie by always wearing her pink I Heart Petie tee shirt.

Petie is now very ill, but graciously gave this intermew yesterday.



How old were you when you moved in with your family? Were you a rescue?  

I was 18 months old when I came to live with mama and daddy- I was a rescue.  Mama had a cat cross over 6 months or so previous and so she used to visit cats at our local humane society.  I was there and she would see me every day.  I was adopted out twice and mama was so happy for me- but both times I was brought back.  The second time mama saw me back again she filled out the forms and brought me home.  I have been here ever since.

How was your mom inspired to name you?

It was Daddy who named me--- he just said what about Peter- which got shortened to Petie.

How would you describe your purrrsonality? With your hoomans? With your siblings?

My personality is just like it is on twitter- sweet and affectionate and a real mama’s boy.  I do not have any siblings at all so I am really mama’s baby boy.


 Do you have a mischief incident that is still talked about with your family?

Oh yes indeed.  One night mama was sleeping on the couch cuz it was Friday. It was about 3am and mama heard me jumping in the window they used to leave open for for me.  But mama heard a squeak too- she got up and saw me wif a baby bunnie in my mouth.  Mama started screaming for daddy to wake up.   She woke up the whole house. When daddy came downstairs she said to mama "what are you crazy waking up the whole household" there is nothing in his mouth.  Mama was confused and walked over to me- I moved and low and behold I had been sitting on the baby.  It ran away and three hours later they found it hiding behind a vertical blind.  It was scared but alive.  They still laugh about that one to this day.


Another good one is when we first moved to this house I caught a mole one night at about 9:30 pm.  Every night after that for months I would go outside and re enact the mole catching.  They call it "Mole Theater".

Tell me about an Awww moment that made your mom melt.  

It makes mama melt when she shakes the treat bag and I come running with my eyes lit up.  It also makes her melt when she is sad or upset and I put my paw on her cheek- I have always done that for her. 

Tell me about your health issues (warm hugs).

I have diabetes, stage 4 renal failure and today I was diagnosed with a fast growing kidney tumor...

Do you like to be brushed, have your nails trimmed? 

I do like to be brushed lots but not my nails- the vet usually does that for me

What is your relationship like with your veterinarian?

We have a good relationship with our vet- we have been going to him since the clinic opened and it is only about 4 minutes from our house.

Do you like certain hoomans outside of your family?

I love my sitter Monique and I love my human brofur- when he comes to visit it makes me happy

What are your favorite foods and toys?

I can only have my diabetic wet cat food cuz of my diabetes.  My favorite toys are my ping pong balls and my cat teaser long stick thing, my teepee, my bed and my blankies
What is your birth date, or Gotcha Day date? 

My birfday is December 4- I am 17 years old now

When did you join Twitter and what clubs do you belong to?

I joined twitter in March 2009 I belong to the #wlf and the orange floofy belly brofurs club

What are you known for on Twitter by your Anipal furends?

I am not sure what I am known for- but lately is mostly for being sick and needing #pawcircles.

We all love Petie. Please tell him now how much you love him.



Don't Mess Wif Me!