October 9, 2012

MEET KAHLUA the KITTY!

She's still a kitten, newly adopted and new on Twitter, but she's already gaining in popularity! Please meet my new furend, @KahluaTheKitty (yaaaay!)



How old were you when you moved in with your family? Were you a rescue?
 
I was a very small kitten, but Mom not sure how old. I was outside for a looong time before she found me. She not too sure where I came from, but I’z very happy I’z not a stray anymore! I didn’t like it outside at all. I guess you could say I’z a rescue, cause she rescued me and my brofur from starving and being alone.

What breed are you?
I’z part Siamese for sure. You could say I’z a mixture, I suppose.

What inspired your hoomans to name you?
My hoomins thought I looked like a cup of coffee, so they named me after a drink they really likes. Sometimes I think they iz so crazy, but I really like my name.

Do you have siblings? Do you get along?
I has 3 brofurs; Doobie, Marley, and Biscotti. Biscotti iz my litter mate, Mom found him starving on front porch a day after she found me. He doesn’t like to play with me cause he’s so small, but we get along very well. My other brofurs don’t hang around me much cause they iz usually outside. Marley doesn’t like me, I know cause he boops me in the face all the times!

Well, in time your will haz strong claws. Then you can boop him right back. How would you describe your personality?
I’z very playful! I like to zoom around the house when Staff iz asleep. I’z also very camera shy. Mom always tries to take pictures of me, but I just zoom away. I’z a very loving kitty, and now that I has my voice, I talk a lot, too.

Do you have a mischief incident that is still talked about?
Which one? MOL! One time I was checking out the toilet, and I fell in..then rubbed all the waters off on Mom’s couch. I had to get dry somehow!

Sounds reasonable to me. Tell me about an Awww moment.
Efurry time Mom lays down to go to sleep, I likes to lay next to her under the covers and purr for her so she goes to sleep. She says it iz comfurrting.

Complete this sentence: If I had opposable thumbs, I would…
Open the tuna cans myself. Seriously, I need more tunas.

We all need more toona! Who are 3 famous animals you’d most like to sniff?
Watson, Maru, and Herman!

Gosh, Kahlua! I iz engaged to Belle! And you know she’s on a diet! *checks* Okay! She’s distracted. What is the most interesting place in your home and why?
I really loves my fort in the dresser. I go in there all the time to hang out. It iz dark and perfect place to relax after a long day of eating, napping, and patrols.

Sounds pawsome! Have you ever caught something edible? Did you eat it?
Just bugs, and yes, I eats them. My brofur caught a squirrel outside once, but I didn’t want anything to do with it.

Gosh a squirrel! *Impressed ears.* Do you like to be brushed, have your nails trimmed?
I don’t like to be brushed. At all. But Mom does it anyways, because my coat iz longer and I shed a lots. She hasn’t tried to trim my nails yet..but when she does, I’z gonna run!

Do you like certain hoomans outside of your family?
I love on efurryone that comes through the door. Iz just my purrsonality.

What are your favorite foods and toys?
I love tuna + egg soft food. It iz my all time favorite, but I’z also into cereal milk. Mom lets me have hers efurry time. My squeaky mouse iz my favorite toy…aside from Q-Tips. I steals them and play with them, too!

Have you ever eaten anything that your hooman thought strange?
I like to eat bugs when they come inside. Mom thinks it iz weird, but I just keep eating them! Grosses her out.

Hoomans! They haz such weak tummies. Have you ever chewed or destroyed something that upset your hooman?
She calls it a “couch”, but to me it iz scratching post! It upsets her cause now it iz shredded on one side.

Well, that's your side now. What is your birth date, or Gotcha Day date?
Don’t know my birthday, but Mom took me in sometime late July of this year.

Do you celebrate your special date?
It hasn’t come around yet, I’z still a kitten! Once it does though, Mom says she’ll give me whatever I wants. Which will prolly include lots of tuna and belly rubs, cause I like those.

Make sure you let me know when your special day is coming. I like to celebrate! When did you join Twitter and what clubs do you belong to?
I joined sometime in August. I’z a #Wlf member, and very proud! I also like to go to charity pawties.

What are you known for on Twitter by your Anipal furends?
Zooming, Singing Opera, and my awesome Q-Tip Collection.

Is there anything you’d like to tell us about you that I didn’t know to ask?
I’z just like to say thanks to all my anipals who’ve been there for me when I lost my sisfur GG. Efurryone iz so nice! I love all of them so much, and am very happy for the oppawtunity to share my story with them.

Thanks Kahlua for a wonderpurr intermew. Now...let's meet your meowmy, JENNIFER
Tell me about yourself, outside of your passion for animals, such as your family, hobbies and interests.
I recently became a mom. My son’s name is Link, he’s 9 months old. I have a severe addiction to coffee. At this point, if I stop drinking it, I think I might die. I like to knit nip toys for the cats, and I read a lot. I have a few favorite shows I keep up with, and I enjoy a lot of documentaries. I also play some games when I have time, which is almost never, so that point is moot.

Concatulations! Love your baby hooman’s name, too. What type of work do you do?
I’m a stay at home mom right now.

Are you an outdoor person, or an indoor person, and why?
Indoor person most of the time, unless it’s fall or winter. I live in a place where it is extremely hot most of the year, and I’d rather stay inside where the air conditioner is, honestly. I love being outside during the winter, though! Something about cold weather makes me happy.

What genre of books do you favor? What is your favorite book, favorite author?
I read from a lot of different genres; it’s hard to pick a favorite! My favorite book is The Great Gatsby. I don’t have a particular author I’m super fond of, but anything F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote is amazing. I also enjoy the Blossom Street + Cedar Cove series by Debbie Macomber. I must admit I have a love affair with reading books full of essays.

What TV shows do you enjoy?
Big Bang Theory, Once Upon a Time, Gossip Girl [I have my weaknesses] but my favorite of all time is Gilmore Girls. That show is so witty! I’ve seen all 7 seasons a million times. I also read a book of essays about it. LOL.

Do you have a favorite movie?
The Breakfast Club/Boondock Saints/The Godfather. They all tie for first place. I can’t pick just one. I have seen The Breakfast Club the most though. Great movie.

What type of music do you enjoy?
I’m really into Indie Rock. Modest Mouse is one of my favorite bands.

Tell me about your town and what makes it special to you.
My town is so small to me. There’s not much special about it…we don’t even have a Starbucks or a book store! The town I live in is famous for its Sweet Onions, though! We have a festival for it every year.

My meowmy sends her condolences on not having a Starbucks. Or a book store, which would totally kill her. Who are the 3 famous people you’d most like to have dinner with, and why?
Liam Neeson, because I have the biggest crush on him. Stephen Hawking, because it’s been a dream of mine for a long time. I’d also really like to have dinner with Al Pacino, because I think the conversations would be interesting. I bet he has a lot of stories to tell.

Tell me about your first pet, and how many have you had in your lifetime?
Gosh..I can’t remember my first pet! I’ve had so many furbabies over years. My first real pets after I moved out on my own were two cats named Vladimir and Gatsby. Gatsby loved popcorn; if you made it, he came running for some. Vlad always loved pancakes, but he would eat them with one paw! He was special.

Why did you choose Kahlua to Tweet for instead of another pet?
She’s so energetic; spunky, lively, and just a fun kitty to be around. Her brothers are far more reserved. She’s always got something to mew about!

Do you have other Twitter accounts?
Just @sbj0116, which is my own.

My mom just followed you. What is a typical day for you, starting when your pets want breakfast?
I get up around 4 with my son, which is also when the cats get their morning food. Then I drink about a pot of coffee and catch up on my e-mails. Usually after that I run errands, take Link where he needs to go for the day, clean up the house, and make sure all the cats get adequate attention.

Is there anything you’d like to tell us about you that I didn’t know to ask?
I just thoroughly enjoy everyone I’ve met through this community, and everyone that has been so nice and welcoming to Kahlua and myself. The amount of love, support, and kinship is amazing. I’m so thankful every day for all the anipals out there that take the time to spread happiness through Twitter.


 Thankew Kahlua and Jennifer for stopping by my blog. You both are wonderpurr!

Don't Mess Wif Me!